The annual Mid-South Fair SpokesKID Contest, which began in 2019, identifies a child 12 years of age or younger to be the kid spokesperson for the Mid-South Fair. Our goal is to present the best Fair elements through the eyes of a child, while giving a young person the opportunity to shine.
To enter the 2023 WREG Mid-South Fair SpokesKID Contest, guardians of interested applicants must submit a video of the child sharing why he or she wants to be our SpokesKID by Aug. 14, 2023. Videos should be 60 seconds or less, and entrants must be 12 years of age or younger. The previous year’s SpokesKID is not eligible, as the same SpokesKID cannot be chosen in consecutive years.
The WREG Mid-South Fair SpokesKID will serve as a young voice for the Mid-South Fair by:
- Appearing in photos and videos shared to the Mid-South Fair’s social media pages
- Participating in TV interviews if opportunities arise
- Serving as assistant emcee at Youth Talent Contest (dates TBD)
- Participating in the ribbon-cutting
- Visiting the Fair throughout its run
WREG Mid-South Fair SpokesKID Contest timeline:
- Launch: July 1, 2023
- Deadline to submit: Aug. 14, 2023
- Judges review submissions: Aug. 15-18, 2023
- Winner announced: Aug. 21, 2023
The winning WREG Mid-South Fair SpokesKID will receive 10 free tickets to the Fair, one ride wristband, one food voucher valued at $20 and will enjoy the Fair as one of the first entrants on opening day immediately following the ribbon cutting. Additional duties and opportunities may arise. Please contact email@example.com if you have any questions. Good luck!